From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Things to keep in mind when writing to a db
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:54:49 GMT
If you want to read/write through mapred Job, You can refer org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.db.DBInputFormat
& org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.db.DBOutputFormat for reading and writing from/into database.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/db/DBInputFormat.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/db/DBOutputFormat.html

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: jamal sasha [mailto:jamalshasha@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 August 2013 00:47
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Things to keep in mind when writing to a db

Hi,
  I am wondering if there is any tutorial to see.
What are the challenges for reading and/or writing to/from database.

Is there a common flavor across all the database.
For example, the dbs start a server on some host : port
Establish connection to that host:port
It can be across proxy?

Which is to say, if I dont want to use Squoop and want to learn a very basic fragile way to
write (and read.. but  mostly write) to  sql table, what are the steps.?
Or how should I approach this?
Thanks