hadoop fs -chmod -R 755 \tmp\hadoop-Sudhir\mapred\staging

Then It should works.

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM, sudhir543-dev@yahoo.com <sudhir543-dev@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am new to hadoop, just started reading 'hadoop the definitive guide'.
I downloaded hadoop 1.1.2 and tried to run a sample Map reduce job using cygwin, but I got following error

java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-Sudhir\mapred\staging\Sudhir-1267269654\.staging to 0700
 I read that some specific version has this error.

Can some one suggest me which version should I start with (and supports MapReduce 1 runtime (Classic))

Thanks
Sudhir