Hi All,

I have configured a three node cluster:

For each data node the configured capacity is showing double the size of actual storage. Below is the screen shot of configuration  files, “dfsadmin –report” and “df –h” from each node. Any idea why would it show configured capacity as double the size of actual storage?

After looking at configuration files, I am assuming each directory mentioned under “dfs.data.dir” is being treated as a separate storage device and hence doubling the configured capacity size. Am I correct? Is this a bug or something wrong with my configuration?

CORE-SITE.XML, HDFS-SITE.XML, MAPRED-SITE.XML (From all nodes)

R1NN1 (NAMENODE, DATANODE, JOBTRACKER)

R1SN1 (SECONDARY NAMENODE, DATANODE, TASKTRACKER)

R1DN1(DATANODE, TASKTRACKER)

DFSADMIN -REPORT

Thank You,

Amit Anand

(Mob) 484.682.3065 , 215-995-1058

(Fax) 215.359.9674

(Desk). 215-774-9959

aanand@aquratesolutions.com

Logo_transparent_small-20kb

Disclaimer: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

NOTE: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include the contact information for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our mailing list please reply to this email with 'remove' in the subject heading and your email address in the body. Include complete address and/or domain/aliases to be removed.