From "Botelho, Andrew" <Andrew.Bote...@emc.com>
Subject RE: New Distributed Cache
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:19:02 GMT
So in my driver code, I try to store the file in the cache with this line of code:

job.addCacheFile(new URI("file location"));

Then in my Mapper code, I do this to try and access the cached file:

URI[] localPaths = context.getCacheFiles();
File f = new File(localPaths[0]);

However, I get a NullPointerException when I do that in the Mapper code.

Any suggesstions?

Andrew

From: Shahab Yunus [mailto:shahab.yunus@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:43 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: New Distributed Cache

Also, once you have the array of URIs after calling getCacheFiles  you can iterate over them
using File class or Path (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Path.html#Path(java.net.URI))

Regards,
Shahab

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Omkar Joshi <ojoshi@hortonworks.com<mailto:ojoshi@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
did you try JobContext.getCacheFiles() ?

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
Hortonworks Inc.<http://www.hortonworks.com>

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Botelho, Andrew <Andrew.Botelho@emc.com<mailto:Andrew.Botelho@emc.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to store a file in the Distributed Cache during my Hadoop job.
In the driver class, I tell the job to store the file in the cache with this code:

Job job = Job.getInstance();
job.addCacheFile(new URI("file name"));

That all compiles fine.  In the Mapper code, I try accessing the cached file with this method:

Path[] localPaths = context.getLocalCacheFiles();

However, I am getting warnings that this method is deprecated.
Does anyone know the newest way to access cached files in the Mapper code? (I am using Hadoop
2.0.5)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew