From Jens Scheidtmann <jens.scheidtm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop licensing question
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:53:45 GMT
Dear Michel,

2013/7/9 Michel Rouly <michel.rouly@gmail.com>

> [...] Do we need to take any actions outside of citing the Apache license
> when releasing our code?

see "Producing Open Source Software" - "How to apply a license to your
software"
http://producingoss.com/en/license-quickstart.html#license-quickstart-applying

> One further question - what permission do we need to obtain in order to
> use the Apache Hadoop logo<http://hadoop.apache.org/images/hadoop-logo.jpg> (or
> a higher quality version) on research presentation materials, specifically
> a poster?

The Apache logo and other open source software logos are trademarked. So
trademark law applies.
IANAL and AFAIK in trademark law, if there's no explicit permission, it is
forbidden.

See http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/
especially: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#titlefeather

Best regards,