From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop and Hadoop
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:09:14 GMT
Moving to user@sqoop.apache.org

For the original question - ONE! google search (sqoop postgres hdfs):
http://alexkehayias.tumblr.com/post/44153307024/importing-postgres-data-into-hadoop-hdfs

Regards

On Jul 10, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Fatih Haltas <fatih.haltas@nyu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to import data from postgresql to hdfs via sqoop, however, all examples,
i got on internet is talking about hive,hbase etc. kind of system,running within hadoop.

> I am not using, any of these systems, isnt it possible to import data without having
those kind of systems,running on hadoop via sqoop?

> In other words, I am using hadoop and mapreduce systems itself alone, is it possible
to import data from postgresql to that basic hadoop system via sqoop?

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com