From Vinayakumar B <vinayakuma...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: 【data migrate from hdfs0.20.* to hdfs-2.0.5(HA)】
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:39:38 GMT
Upgrade needs to be done in two phases.

1.       Upgrade the data to 2.0.5 (Non-HA)

a.       Just install the 2.0.5 Hadoop NonHA cluster by pointing to old Name dir and data
dirs and start the cluster with ./start-dfs.sh -upgrade

b.      Verify the upgraded data.

c.       Once the upgrade is fine, then finalize the upgrade by calling ./hdfs dfsadmin –finalizeUpgrade

d.      After finalizing stop the cluster

2.       Migrating cluster to HA

a.       Now install one more NameNode and zookeeper for HA and update the configurations
in all other machines for HA

b.      Call ./hdfs namenode –initializeSharedEdits to initialize the shared storage

c.       Start the previous NameNode first along with ZKFC and let it become active.

d.      Call ./hdfs namenode –bootstrapStandby from the new Namenode. This will copy the
data from previous namenode.

e.      After this start namenode and zkfc in new machine.

f.        Start all  datanodes.

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,
Vinayakumar B