From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Node manager crashing when running an app requiring 100 containers on hadoop-2.1.0-beta RC0
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 23:31:32 GMT
How many containers are you running per node?

On Jul 25, 2013, at 5:21 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devaraj,
>
>  I used to run this application with the same number of containers successfully on previous
version, i.e. hadoop-2.0.4-alpha. Is it failing with the new version, because YARN itself
is also adding some more threads than the previous versions?

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Devaraj k <devaraj.k@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Kishore,
>

> It seems that system doesn’t have enough resources to launch a new thread.
>

> Could you check the system is affordable to launch the configured containers and try
increasing the native memory available in the system by reducing the no of running processes
in the system.

> Thanks
>
> Devaraj k

RC0

> Hi,
>

>   I am running an application against hadoop-2.1.0-beta RC, and my app requires 117 containers,
I have got all the containers allocated, but while starting those containers, at around 99th
container the node manager has gone down with the following kind of error in it's log. Also,
I could reproduce this error running a "sleep 200; date" command using the Distributed Shell
example, in which case I got this error at around 66th container.

> 2013-07-25 06:07:17,743 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnUncaughtExceptionHandler: Thread
Thread[process reaper,5,main] threw an Error.  Shutting down now...

> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create a thread: retVal -1073741830, errno 11
>
>         at java.lang.Thread.startImpl(Native Method)
>
>         at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:887)
>
>         at java.lang.ProcessInputStream.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:472)
>
>         at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:157)
>
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
>
>         at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:137)
>
> 2013-07-25 06:07:17,745 INFO org.apache.hadoop.util.ExitUtil: Halt with status -1 Message:
HaltException

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.