From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Join Operation with Regular Expression
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:44:51 GMT
You can try writing the mapreduce job for this. In the Job, you can filter the records in Mapper
based on the where condition regex and then perform the join in the Reducer.

Please refer the classes present in hadoop-datajoin module to get an idea how to implement
the join job.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: enes yĆ¼cer [mailto:enesycr@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 July 2013 13:49
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Join Operation with Regular Expression

Hi,
I have 2 data set one of them contain string text, and other table contain string patern (which
is searching in text), id.
I have create volatile solution, to create two external hive table and full join of them
and after full join,I use regex function in where case. but, it takes too long. because hive
does not support regex based join conditions.

how do I do this operation in hadoop or have you implement MR job( in hive,pig, java) like
this? or any advice?

thanks.