From Ted Xu <...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: efficiency of LocalResources and archives
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 02:53:08 GMT
Hi John,

If the resources are located in HDFS, and you specify the resource by HDFS
URI, then the answer is yes. The node managers will cache resources, and it
will automatically update the resources by modification time (of HDFS file).

It is recommended to increase the resources' replica number, if the
resources been uploaded from client machine, the replica number is
automatically set to 10 by mapreduce framework.

--
Regards,
Ted Xu