hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Prashant Kommireddi <prash1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DFS Permissions on Hadoop 2.x
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 05:42:28 GMT
Thanks guys, I will follow the discussion there.


On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Azuryy Yu <azuryyyu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, and I think this was lead by Snapshot.
>
> I've file a JIRA here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4918
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a HDFS bug. Like all other methods that check for permissions
>> being enabled, the client call of setPermission should check it as
>> well. It does not do that currently and I believe it should be a NOP
>> in such a case. Please do file a JIRA (and reference the ID here to
>> close the loop)!
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Prashant Kommireddi
>> <prash1784@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Looks like the jobs fail only on the first attempt and pass thereafter.
>> > Failure occurs while setting perms on "intermediate done directory".
>> Here is
>> > what I think is happening:
>> >
>> > 1. Intermediate done dir is (ideally) created as part of deployment
>> (for eg,
>> > /mapred/history/done_intermediate)
>> >
>> > 2. When a MR job is run, it creates a user dir within intermediate done
>> dir
>> > (/mapred/history/done_intermediate/username)
>> >
>> > 3. After this dir is created, the code tries to set permissions on this
>> user
>> > dir. In doing so, it checks for EXECUTE permissions on not just its
>> parent
>> > (/mapred/history/done_intermediate) but across all dirs to the top-most
>> > level (/mapred). This fails as "/mapred" does not have execute
>> permissions
>> > for the "Other" users.
>> >
>> > 4. On successive job runs, since the user dir already exists
>> > (/mapred/history/done_intermediate/username) it no longer tries to
>> create
>> > and set permissions again. And the job completes without any perm
>> errors.
>> >
>> > This is the code within JobHistoryEventHandler that's doing it.
>> >
>> >  //Check for the existence of intermediate done dir.
>> >     Path doneDirPath = null;
>> >     try {
>> >       doneDirPath = FileSystem.get(conf).makeQualified(new
>> > Path(doneDirStr));
>> >       doneDirFS = FileSystem.get(doneDirPath.toUri(), conf);
>> >       // This directory will be in a common location, or this may be a
>> > cluster
>> >       // meant for a single user. Creating based on the conf. Should
>> ideally
>> > be
>> >       // created by the JobHistoryServer or as part of deployment.
>> >       if (!doneDirFS.exists(doneDirPath)) {
>> >       if (JobHistoryUtils.shouldCreateNonUserDirectory(conf)) {
>> >         LOG.info("Creating intermediate history logDir: ["
>> >             + doneDirPath
>> >             + "] + based on conf. Should ideally be created by the
>> > JobHistoryServer: "
>> >             + MRJobConfig.MR_AM_CREATE_JH_INTERMEDIATE_BASE_DIR);
>> >           mkdir(
>> >               doneDirFS,
>> >               doneDirPath,
>> >               new FsPermission(
>> >             JobHistoryUtils.HISTORY_INTERMEDIATE_DONE_DIR_PERMISSIONS
>> >                 .toShort()));
>> >           // TODO Temporary toShort till new FsPermission(FsPermissions)
>> >           // respects
>> >         // sticky
>> >       } else {
>> >           String message = "Not creating intermediate history logDir: ["
>> >                 + doneDirPath
>> >                 + "] based on conf: "
>> >                 + MRJobConfig.MR_AM_CREATE_JH_INTERMEDIATE_BASE_DIR
>> >                 + ". Either set to true or pre-create this directory
>> with" +
>> >                 " appropriate permissions";
>> >         LOG.error(message);
>> >         throw new YarnException(message);
>> >       }
>> >       }
>> >     } catch (IOException e) {
>> >       LOG.error("Failed checking for the existance of history
>> intermediate "
>> > +
>> >                       "done directory: [" + doneDirPath + "]");
>> >       throw new YarnException(e);
>> >     }
>> >
>> >
>> > In any case, this does not appear to be the right behavior as it does
>> not
>> > respect "dfs.permissions.enabled" (set to false) at any point. Sounds
>> like a
>> > bug?
>> >
>> >
>> > Thanks, Prashant
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Prashant Kommireddi <
>> prash1784@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Hi Chris,
>> >>
>> >> This is while running a MR job. Please note the job is able to write
>> files
>> >> to "/mapred" directory and fails on EXECUTE permissions. On digging in
>> some
>> >> more, it looks like the failure occurs after writing to
>> >> "/mapred/history/done_intermediate".
>> >>
>> >> Here is a more detailed stacktrace.
>> >>
>> >> INFO: Job end notification started for jobID : job_1371593763906_0001
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:20 PM
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler
>> >> closeEventWriter
>> >> INFO: Unable to write out JobSummaryInfo to
>> >>
>> [hdfs://test-local-EMPTYSPEC/mapred/history/done_intermediate/smehta/job_1371593763906_0001.summary_tmp]
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
>> >> user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>
>> >>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> >>      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:90)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:57)
>> >>      at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setPermission(DFSClient.java:1897)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setPermission(DistributedFileSystem.java:823)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.closeEventWriter(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:666)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.handleEvent(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:521)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler$1.run(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:273)
>> >>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> >> Caused by:
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
>> >> Permission denied: user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1225)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
>> >>      at $Proxy9.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:241)
>> >>      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
>> >>      at $Proxy10.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>> >>      at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setPermission(DFSClient.java:1895)
>> >>      ... 5 more
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:20 PM
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnUncaughtExceptionHandler uncaughtException
>> >> SEVERE: Thread Thread[Thread-51,5,main] threw an Exception.
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException:
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
>> >> user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.handleEvent(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:523)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler$1.run(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:273)
>> >>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> >> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
>> Permission
>> >> denied: user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>
>> >>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> >>      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:90)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:57)
>> >>      at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setPermission(DFSClient.java:1897)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setPermission(DistributedFileSystem.java:823)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.closeEventWriter(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:666)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.handleEvent(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:521)
>> >>      ... 2 more
>> >> Caused by:
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
>> >> Permission denied: user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>
>> >>      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1225)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
>> >>      at $Proxy9.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:241)
>> >>      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
>> >>      at
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
>> >>      at $Proxy10.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>> >>      at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setPermission(DFSClient.java:1895)
>> >>      ... 5 more
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:20 PM
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.rm.RMContainerAllocator$ScheduleStats log
>> >> INFO: Before Scheduling: PendingReds:0 ScheduledMaps:0 ScheduledReds:0
>> >> AssignedMaps:0 AssignedReds:1 CompletedMaps:1 CompletedReds:1
>> ContAlloc:2
>> >> ContRel:0 HostLocal:0 RackLocal:1
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:21 PM
>> >> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.rm.RMContainerAllocator getResources
>> >> INFO: Received completed container
>> container_1371593763906_0001_01_000003
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:21 PM
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.rm.RMContainerAllocator$ScheduleStats log
>> >> INFO: After Scheduling: PendingReds:0 ScheduledMaps:0 ScheduledReds:0
>> >> AssignedMaps:0 AssignedReds:0 CompletedMaps:1 CompletedReds:1
>> ContAlloc:2
>> >> ContRel:0 HostLocal:0 RackLocal:1
>> >> Jun 18, 2013 3:20:21 PM
>> >>
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.TaskAttemptImpl$DiagnosticInformationUpdater
>> >> transition
>> >> INFO: Diagnostics report from attempt_1371593763906_0001_r_000000_0:
>> >> Container killed by the ApplicationMaster.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Chris Nauroth <
>> cnauroth@hortonworks.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>> Prashant, can you provide more details about what you're doing when
>> you
>> >>> see this error?  Are you submitting a MapReduce job, running an HDFS
>> shell
>> >>> command, or doing some other action?  It's possible that we're also
>> seeing
>> >>> an interaction with some other change in 2.x that triggers a
>> setPermission
>> >>> call that wasn't there in 0.20.2.  I think the problem with the HDFS
>> >>> setPermission API is present in both 0.20.2 and 2.x, but if the code
>> in
>> >>> 0.20.2 never triggered a setPermission call for your usage, then you
>> >>> wouldn't have seen the problem.
>> >>>
>> >>> I'd like to gather these details for submitting a new bug report to
>> HDFS.
>> >>> Thanks!
>> >>>
>> >>> Chris Nauroth
>> >>> Hortonworks
>> >>> http://hortonworks.com/
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Leo Leung <lleung@ddn.com> wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>> I believe, the properties name should be “dfs.permissions”
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> From: Prashant Kommireddi [mailto:prash1784@gmail.com]
>> >>>> Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:54 AM
>> >>>> To: user@hadoop.apache.org
>> >>>> Subject: DFS Permissions on Hadoop 2.x
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Hello,
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> We just upgraded our cluster from 0.20.2 to 2.x (with HA) and had
a
>> >>>> question around disabling dfs permissions on the latter version.
For
>> some
>> >>>> reason, setting the following config does not seem to work
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> <property>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         <name>dfs.permissions.enabled</name>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         <value>false</value>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> </property>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Any other configs that might be needed for this?
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Here is the stacktrace.
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> 2013-06-17 17:35:45,429 INFO  ipc.Server - IPC Server handler 62
on
>> >>>> 8020, call
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol.setPermission from
>> >>>> 10.0.53.131:24059: error:
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
>> >>>> Permission denied: user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >>>> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>>>
>> >>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
>> >>>> user=smehta, access=EXECUTE,
>> >>>> inode="/mapred":pkommireddi:supergroup:drwxrwx---
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:161)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:128)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4684)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkOwner(FSNamesystem.java:4640)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermissionInt(FSNamesystem.java:1134)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setPermission(FSNamesystem.java:1111)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setPermission(NameNodeRpcServer.java:454)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setPermission(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:253)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44074)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1695)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1691)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at
>> >>>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1689)
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Harsh J
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message