From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can not follow Single Node Setup example.
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:45:38 GMT
Cool..Happy for you.

It's advisable to use bin/start-dfs.sh and bin/start-mapred.sh as
bin/start-all.sh
has been deprecated.

Once you are comfortable with the configuration you could proceed with some
shell exercises and then move on to MapReduce. See this link for shell
commands : http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/file_system_shell.html

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com