From Chuan Liu <chuan...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Submitting jobs programmatically (even from Windows, IDE...)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:28:02 GMT
Hi Vjeran,

First, thanks for the blog post!
As for the support for Windows, we are working actively to make Hadoop run smoothly on Windows.
The following JIRAs may provide some background and general outline of this effort.

You are very welcome to report any issues found on Windows as well.

From: Vjeran Marcinko [mailto:vjeran.marcinko@email.t-com.hr]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 10:47 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Submitting jobs programmatically (even from Windows, IDE...)

As a newcomer to Hadoop, I really struggled in the beginning to set things up with running
jobs from my IDE, and after I dove deep into how things works, I discovered there are plenty
of things that one has to take care, and many parameters that can influence one's mind on
how to best deploy the jobs. Most of them I described in my blog with some additional utility
code that can help many to submit their jobs, together with any necessary 3rd party libs:

Moreover, I develop on Windows (don't ask me why), so one more thing to worry about since
Hadoop has not been developed with that OS in mind the first place.

View raw message