From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 05:59:25 GMT
What version of MapReduce are you using? At the beginning of the log-file you should be able
to see a log msg with the input-split file name for the map.

thanks,
Arun

On Jun 18, 2013, at 10:54 PM, Robin Verlangen <robin@us2.nl> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> How can I locate the files that cause these errors in my Map/Reduce jobs?
>
> java.io.IOException: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of input stream
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.handleRecordReaderNextException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.java:121)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.handleRecordReaderNextException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.java:77)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveContextAwareRecordReader.doNext(HiveContextAwareRecordReader.java:276)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveRecordReader.doNext(HiveRecordReader.java:79)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveRecordReader.doNext(HiveRecordReader.java:33)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveContextAwareRecordReader.next(HiveContextAwareRecordReader.java:108)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.moveToNext(MapTask.java:215)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.next(MapTask.java:200)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:48)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:417)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robin Verlangen
> Data Architect
>
> W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
> E robin@us2.nl
>

> What is CloudPelican?
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.