From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:23:49 GMT
Hi Björn,

> - But what about minor updates, e. g. from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4? Has this ever happened for
such updates?

You will probably see log messages like 'RPC version mismatch', in this case you have to upgrade
the filesystem. If not - all well :)

> - What about HBase minor releases in this context? Have data model changes/ conversions/
migrations ever happened between minor releases?

Yes, but not regularly. Please see my next answer.

> - Is there a similar wiki page describing HBase upgrade?

http://hbase.apache.org/upgrading.html

Cheers,
 Alex

--