From Bharati <bharati.ad...@mparallelo.com>
Subject Re: how to get the mapreduce code which was pig/hive script translated to?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 22:52:03 GMT
If I want to access and read the map classes that have been created where do I look for them.

Thanks,
Bharati

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 16, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Lance Norskog <goksron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Both Pig and Hive have an 'explain plan' command that prints a schematic version. This
might make it easier to see what M/R algorithms are used. Mostly the data goes through single-threaded
transforms inside a mapper or reducer.

> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-explain.html
>
> On 06/16/2013 09:17 AM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>> Hive serializes the entire plan into an XML file if you set the log 4j settings to
debug you should get the locations to the files itgenerates before launching the job.