From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:42:56 GMT

Thanks Mustaqeem.

hadoop.tmp.dir - Can this store HDFS files? I mean - is there any difference in files from
the one we create under HADOOP_HOME.

________________________________
From: Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m.mustaqeem@gmail.com>
To: user <user@hadoop.apache.org>; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

You can mentioned the "hadoop.tmp.dir" property in the core-site.xml as -
<property>
<name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
<value>/app/software/app1</value>
</property>
"/app/software/app1" will be used as location for storing the hdfs files.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I have a one node Hadoop cluster for my POC. The HADOOP_HOME is under a directory
>
>/usr/home/hadoop
>
>I dont have much space on /usr and want to use other accounts/applications storage which
are located at /app/software/app1 etc.,

>How can I use the /app/software/app1 location for my HDFS files and storage. Is it possible?
Please advise.

--

With regards ---

Mohammad Mustaqeem,