From Subroto <ssan...@datameer.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner
Date Sun, 19 May 2013 01:05:28 GMT
Hi Vinod,

Thanks Vinod…..
I have raised the issue.

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal
On May 17, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> It's inconvenient, but you can try DefaultMetricsSystem.shutDown(). Please see if that
works and file a ticket to make LocalJobRunner automatically do this on finish.

> Thanks,
> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
> On May 17, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Subroto wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an application which uses LocalJobRunner to process MR Jobs. From the heap
dump of my application I can see multiple object with Name $Proxy90;  happens to be created
by org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl.register(Callback).
>> Every-time a LocalJobRunner is launched it creates JobTrackerInstrumentation and
QueueMetrics.

>> While creating this MetricsSystem ; it registers and adds a Callback to ArrayList
which keeps on growing as the DefaultMetricsSystem is Singleton. Is it a known bug? Is there
any workaround to empty this list?