From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Re: Where to begin from??
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 17:43:48 GMT
Hey guys

Is there a way to dynamically change the input dir and outputdir

I have the following CONSTANT directories in HDFS

  *   /path/to/input/9999-99-99 (empty directory )
  *   /path/to/output/9999-99-99 (empty directory)

A new directory with yesterdays date like /path/to/input/2013-05-23 gets created every day

I set the job params
mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir=/path/to/input/9999-99-99
mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir=/path/to/output/9999-99-99

But in my Mapper I thought I can sneak in this codeā€¦.But it does not work ?

    protected void setup(Context context)

            throws IOException,

                   InterruptedException{

     org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration hadoopConf = ((JobContext)context).getConfiguration();

    String inputDir = hadoopConf.get("mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir");

    String outputDir = hadoopConf.get("mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir");

    String yesterdaysDate =DateUtils.getDayYYYYMMDD("-", -1);

    String inputDirUseThis = inputDir.replaceAll("9999-99-99", yesterdaysDate);

    String outputDirUseThis = inputDir.replaceAll("9999-99-99", yesterdaysDate);

    hadoopConf.set("mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir",inputDirUseThis);

    hadoopConf.set("mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir",outputDirUseThis);

    }

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE