From siddhi mehta <siddhi....@gmail.com>
Subject MiniDFS Cluster log dir
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 23:19:00 GMT
Hey guys,

For testing purpose I am starting up a minicluster using the
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.0/cli_minicluster.html

I was wondering what is a good way to configure log directory for the same.
I tried setting hadoop.log.dir or yarn.log.dir but that seems to have no
effect.

I am specifically trying to access job logs.
While trying to access job logs from the job history server pages it
complains that

Logs not available for attempt_1369343433334_0001_r_000000_0. Aggregation
may not be complete, Check back later or try the nodemanager at
localhost:62025

I do set  yarn.nodemanager.remote-app-log-dir using the -D option while
starting up the hadoop cluster but it seems like it doesnot make used of
that at all.

Any pointer to help resolve the issue.

Regards,
Siddhi Mehta