From Amal G Jose <amalg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Permissions
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 19:32:30 GMT
After starting the hdfs, ie NN, SN and DN, create an hdfs directory
structure in the form /<hadoop.tmp.dir>/mapred/staging.
Then give 777 permission to staging. After that change the ownership of
mapred directory to mapred user.
After doing this start jobtracker, it will start. Otherwise, it will not
start.
The reason for not showing any datanodes may be due to firewall. Check
whether the necessary ports are open.