From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File Reloading
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 15:30:04 GMT
I might not have understood your usecase properly so I apologize for that.

But what I think here you need is something outside of Hadoop/HDFS. I am
presuming that you need to read the whole updated file when you are going
to process it with your never-ending job, right? You don't expect to read
it piecemeal or in chunks. If that is indeed the case, then your never
ending job can use generic techniques to check whether file's signature or
any property has changed from the last time and only process it if it has
changed. You file writing/updating process can update the file
independently of the reading/processing one.

Regards,
Shahab