From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Project ideas
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 13:46:08 GMT
Drink heavily?

Sorry.

Let me rephrase.

Part of the exercise is for you, the student to come up with the idea. Not solicit someone
else for a suggestion.  This is how you learn.

The exercise is to get you to think about the following:

1) What is Hadoop
2) How does it work
3) Why would you want to use it

You need to understand #1 and #2 to be able to #3.

But at the same time... you need to also incorporate your own view of the world.
What are your hobbies? What do you like to do?
What scares you the most?  What excites you the most?
Why are you here?
And most importantly, what do you think you can do within the time period.
(What data can you easily capture and work with...)

Have you ever seen 'Eden of the East' ? ;-)

HTH

On May 21, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Anshuman Mathur <ansmat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow users,
>
> We are a group of students studying in National University of Singapore. As part of our
course curriculum we need to develop an application using Hadoop and  map-reduce. Can you
please suggest some innovative ideas for our project?