From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: YARN in 2.0 and 0.23
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 00:51:48 GMT
We don't necessarily have the freedom to choose; we are an application provider and we desire
compatibility for as many versions as possible so as to fit into existing Hadoop installations.
 For example, we currently read and write HDFS for 0.23, 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.  Given that, am
I trying to understand what significant differences to expect between the 0.23 and 2.0 YARN
environments.

Thanks
John

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:35 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: YARN in 2.0 and 0.23

I'd use the 2.0 APIs, they are days away from getting frozen and will be supported compatibly
for foreseeable future.

Details to track here:

hth,
Arun

On May 22, 2013, at 7:38 AM, John Lilley wrote:

We intend to use the YARN APIs fairly soon.  Are there notable differences in YARNs classes,
interfaces or semantics between 0.23 and 2.0?  It seems to be supported on both versions.
Thanks,
John

--
Arun C. Murthy