From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 17:33:34 GMT

It's inconvenient, but you can try DefaultMetricsSystem.shutDown(). Please see if that works
and file a ticket to make LocalJobRunner automatically do this on finish.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On May 17, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Subroto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application which uses LocalJobRunner to process MR Jobs. From the heap dump
of my application I can see multiple object with Name $Proxy90;  happens to be created by
org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl.register(Callback).
> Every-time a LocalJobRunner is launched it creates JobTrackerInstrumentation and QueueMetrics.
>
> While creating this MetricsSystem ; it registers and adds a Callback to ArrayList which
keeps on growing as the DefaultMetricsSystem is Singleton. Is it a known bug? Is there any
workaround to empty this list?