From Adam Faris <afa...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: How can we download a file using WebHDFS REST API
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 17:09:25 GMT
As others have suggested, you need to call "&op=OPEN" and save the contents into a buffer
which you then write to disk.    You can do this with curl by using '-o /my/local/file.txt'
in your curl statement.

-- Adam

On May 31, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Arpit Gupta <arpit@hortonworks.com>
 wrote:

> There is no api to download a file. The client you are using to make these calls will
have to read the contents of the file and save it on your local file system.