From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce on Local FileSystem
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 07:19:41 GMT
Basic question. Why would u want to do that ? Also I think the Map R Hadoop distribution has
an NFS mountable HDFS
Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone

On May 30, 2013, at 11:37 PM, "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Agarwal@netapp.com<mailto:Nikhil.Agarwal@netapp.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to run MapReduce on multiple nodes using Local File system (file:///<file:///\\>)
 ?
I am able to run it in single node setup but in a multiple node setup the “slave” nodes
are not able to access the “jobtoken” file which is present in the Hadoop.tmp.dir in “master”
node.

Please let me know if it is possible to do this.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE