From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS load-balancing
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:06:45 GMT
Are you speaking of load balancing of the metadata requests served by
the NameNode? There isn't a direct way right now but HDFS Federation
features would interest you, as it helps divide the namespace itself
into several different NNs.

Read more about Federation at
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/Federation.html

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM,  <anthony.lelong@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I am wondering how HDFS deals with load balancing. I mean, there is on primary namenode
and only one secondary namenode (if I well understood the documentation).

--
Harsh J