From jim jimm <hado...@gmail.com>
Subject how to install hadoop 2.0.3 in standalone mode
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 19:45:42 GMT
I am new to hadoop and maven. I will like to compile the hadoop from the
source and install it. I am following instructions from

So far, i have managed to download hadoop source code and from the source
directory issued "mvn clean install -Pnative"
Next i tried to execute mvn assembly:assembly, but i get following error:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.3:assembly (default-cli)
on project hadoop-main: Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors
found. -> [Help 1]

Please help so that i can move forward.

Also, the above mentioned install link, does not mention what should be the
*Thanks in advance,*

View raw message