From Amal G Jose <amalg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jps show nothing but hadoop still running
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:20:57 GMT
One more issue can occur.
If your system is installed with more than one java, this issue may occur.
Openjdk may be present as default (jps is not present in openjdk).
jps is present in sun java.
If the running process is using openjdk, then that process will not be
listed with jps.
The jps will list only the processes that are using the sun java.
This is my knowledge.
Correct me if I am wrong.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM, MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <
marcosm@buscapecompany.com> wrote:

>  It's a limitation of jps: it will only show processes run as the current
> user. Try using "sudo -u hdfs jps". This also means that you will have to
> sudo as the appropriate user to run the stop/start scripts.
>
> Regards,
> Marcos
>

> On 11-04-2013 06:26, zhang.heng16@zte.com.cn wrote:
>

> Hi Guys,
>
>         I use hadoop-1.0.4 for hbase-0.94.5,today i found jps command show
> nothing bug jps itself, however hadoop still running!Now i can't stop
> it.stop-all.sh just shows like following. Did someone encounter this
> problem before or could give me some suggestion to solve it?
>       btw,hbase still can use hadoop.
> Thank you!
>
>         no jobtracker to stop
>         cmc-slave9: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave3: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave5: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave7: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave4: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave6: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave1: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave10: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave11: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave8: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave12: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave13: no tasktracker to stop
>         cmc-slave14: no tasktracker to stop
>         no namenode to stop
>
>         cmc-slave3: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave5: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave1: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave4: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave10: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave9: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave11: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave6: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave8: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave7: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave12: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave13: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-slave14: no datanode to stop
>         cmc-master: no secondarynamenode to stop

> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment
transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use
of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.
 If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.