From zheyi rong <zheyi.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Cartesian product in hadoop
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:47:48 GMT
Dear all,

I am writing to kindly ask for ideas of doing cartesian product in hadoop.
Specifically, now I have two datasets, each of which contains 20million
lines.
I want to do cartesian product on these two datasets, comparing lines
pairwisely.

The output of each comparison can be mostly filtered by a function ( we do
not output the
whole result of this cartesian product, but only a small part).

I guess one good way is to pass one block from dataset1 and another block
from dataset2
to a mapper, then let the mappers do the product in memory to avoid IO.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Zheyi Rong