From Bejoy Ks <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VM reuse!
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:44:20 GMT
 When you process larger data volumes, this is the case mostly. :)

Say you have a job with smaller input size and if you have  2 blocks on a
single node and then the JT may schedule two tasks on the same TT if there
are available free slots. So those tasks can take advantage of JVM reuse.

Which TT the JT would assign tasks is totally dependent on data locality
and availability of task slots.