From Geelong Yao <geelong...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make the setting changes works
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:17:47 GMT
Hi

Sorry to interrupt you.But nobody answer my question in Hadoop maillist.
I have met a issue after I change the content of hdfs-site.xml to add
another dfs.data.dir in my cluster. /usr/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data is the default
value, /sda is the new one

<property>
        <name>data.dfs.dir</name>
        <value>/usr/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data,/sda</value>
    </property>
The permission of /sda has been changed.

[image: 内嵌图片 1]

First I stop the cluster with stop-all.sh and replace the old hdfs-site.xml
with new ones,then I restart the cluster with start-all.sh,but I found that
datanode did not start