From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Webserver and hadoop cluster
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 05:34:16 GMT
You can use WebHDFS to achieve this, so long as your Web Service
machine has access to the cluster. If it does not, then you can
consider HTTPFS. Both of these services support REST API access to
HDFS files, and let you read/write files.

To answer your question on a Java API level instead: Yes you need the
HDFS and Hadoop-Common libraries plus dependencies available on the
Web Service's classpath for the API calls to work.

--
Harsh J