From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: System.out.printlin vs Counters
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:27:46 GMT
I do not understand 1 and 2: Counters are used to count things in the MR
framework in a distributed manner and get aggregate at the JobTracker
level; System.out is merely used to write to STDOUT. Why are you
comparing the two?

3: The limit means the total number of counter names accepted from a
single job. Your example would create one such new counter called
TestGroup1.TestName1. You could also increment TestName2, etc.… but
only up to a global max of 120 of such new counters.

--
Harsh J