From Sayan Kole <sayank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 18:33:01 GMT
When I run hadoop jobs through command line, then the log file of the
jobtracker in /hadoop/logs gets updated about the job status and everything
with Log.info. But when I run it through eclipse, the log file of the
jobtracker does not get written to. Is there somewhere in eclipse I have to
specify something that I am missing?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:

> If you've not changed any configs, look under /tmp/hadoop-${user.name}/
> perhaps.
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Sayan Kole <sayankole@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I cannot find the log files for the wordcount job: job_local_0001
> when I
> > run it through eclipse. I am getting the standard output on screen
> showing
> > me the progress of the maps/reduces, but when I check my log directory
> > inside the hadoop folder, I do not see any log files for this job nor
> does
> > the jobtracker log file have any information for this job.
> >
> > Sayan Kole
> --
> Harsh J

Sayan Kole,
Graduate Student,
School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering,
Arizona State University,

View raw message