From Jens Scheidtmann <jens.scheidtm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: executing files on hdfs via hadoop not possible? is JNI/JNA a reasonable solution?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:44:01 GMT
Hi Julian,

Replying to your original question.

2013/3/17 Julian Bui <julianbui@gmail.com>

> Ah, thanks for clarifying, Harsh,

>> and
>> advice

There's support in the API for distributing native libraries or executables
and creating a symlink in the working directory of your MR processes.

This is called the distributed cache and an example can be found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToDebugMapReducePrograms#How_to_submit_debug_script

Best regards,

Jens