From alx...@aim.com
Subject Re: Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:03:02 GMT
Are those clusters located in separate  LANs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Azuryy Yu <azuryyyu@gmail.com>
To: user <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 5:06 am
Subject: Re: Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters

there is no good idea for your question. but for hadoop-2.x, its easy with HDFS federation.
On Mar 14, 2013 12:38 PM, "Shashank Agarwal" <shashankagarwal1706@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have two different hadoop clusters in production. One cluster is used as backing for HBase
and the other for other things. Both hadoop clusters are using the same version 1.0 and I
want to merge them and make them one. I know, one possible solution is to copy the data across,
but the data is really huge on these clusters and it will hard for me to compromise with huge
Is there any optimal way to merge two hadoop clusters.

View raw message