From Danfeng Li <...@operasolutions.com>
Subject RE: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:41:13 GMT
Hi, George,

Thanks. It works great.

For those who want more detail about it. You just need to add

export HADOOP_USER_NAME="user"

in hadoop-env.sh under you hadoop conf directory.

From: George Datskos [mailto:george.datskos@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:07 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

If you aren't using kerberos security, you can use the HADOOP_USER_NAME env variable

$ HADOOP_USER_NAME=hdfs hadoop fs -touchz /abc

I'd like to access hadoop cluster from my laptop (through ubuntu). I put configuration files
under /etc/hadoop/cluster/conf and set up env variable HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/cluster/conf

However, my problem is that my ubuntu user name is different from my user name on the cluster.
I tried to find where I can specify my username in the configuration files but unsuccessfully.

Can anyone point me how to specify my username in the config files?

View raw message