From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:09:04 GMT
YarnClient etc. is a just a bunch of helper libs to make it easier to write new applications.

OTOH, your existing application should continue to work.

On Mar 26, 2013, at 3:21 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:

> Hi,
>   I  have some YARN application written and running properly against hadoop-2.0.0-alpha
but when I recently downloaded and started using hadoop-2.0.3-alpha it doesn't work. I think
the original one I wrote was looking at the Client.java and ApplicationMaster.java in DistributedShell
example. It looks like this example code also has changed with the new version, it now has
the Client being extended from YarnClientImpl and many other changes it has.
>   Is there any guide as to how should I modify my old application to work against the
new version?
> Thanks,
> Kishore

Arun C. Murthy