From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject On a small cluster can we double up namenode/master with tasktrackers?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:24:20 GMT
I want 20 servers, I got 7, so I want to make the most of the 7 I have. Each
of the 7 servers have: 24GB of ram, 4TB, and 8 cores.

Would it be terribly unwise of me to Run such a configuration:

.         Server #1:           NameNode + Master + TaskTracker(reduced
slots)

.         Server #2:           CheckpointNode(aka Secondary Name Node) +
TaskTracker(slightly reduced slots)

.         Server #3:           TaskTracker

.         Server #4:           TaskTracker

.         Server #5:           TaskTracker

.         Server #6:           TaskTracker

.         Server #7:           TaskTracker

Did I miss anything? Did I shoot myself in the foot anywhere?