From Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.bel...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject Using NFS mounted volume for Hadoop installation/configuration
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:00:44 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Will it be any problem if I put the hadoop executables and configuration on a NFS volume,
which is shared by all masters and slaves? This way the configuration changes will be available
for all nodes, without need for synching any files. While this looks almost like a no-brainer,
I am wondering if there are any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

On a related question, is there a best practices (do's and don'ts ) document that you can
suggest other than the regular documentation by Apache?

Thanks!
-Mehmet