From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Namenode failures
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:08:56 GMT
Hi Robert,

Are you by any chance adding files carrying unusual encoding? If its
possible, can we be sent a bundle of the corrupted log set (all of the
dfs.name.dir contents) to inspect what seems to be causing the
corruption?

The only identified (but rarely occurring) bug around this part in
1.0.4 would be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4423. The
other major corruption bug I know of is already fixed in your version,
being https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3652 specifically.

We've not had this report from other users so having a reproduced file
set (data not required) would be most helpful. If you have logs
leading to the shutdown and crash as well, that'd be good to have too.

P.s. How exactly are you shutting down the NN each time? A kill -9 or
a regular SIGTERM shutdown?

--
Harsh J