From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject max number of map/reduce per node
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:45:00 GMT
Hi
   I found that my job runs with such parameters:
mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum    4
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum    2

   I try to change these parameters from my java code

    properties.put("mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum" , "8");
    properties.put("mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum" , "4");

But executing the job I didn't get updated values of these parameters , it
remains:

mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum 4
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum 2

Should I change the parameters on hadoop XML configuration files?

Please advice.