From java8964 java8964 <java8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 01:58:18 GMT

What range you gave it for mapred.task.profile.maps? And you sure your mapper will invoke
the methods you expect in the traces?

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 23:50:08 +0200
Subject: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205
From: yaron.gonen@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,I wish to profile my mapper, so I've set the properties mapred.task.profile and mapred.task.profile.maps
in mapred-site.xml.
At the end of the job I'm getting a profile.out file, however I think it's not the profile
of the mapper... none of the methods I use in the mapper appear on any of the traces. Am I
doing something wrong?
I'm using a small cluster with 4 machines.
View raw message