From Yuva Raj raghunapu <monkey2c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Pseudo-configuration
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 07:42:15 GMT
Check this out it maybe helpful , but this illustrates on ubuntu hope  they are almost same
.

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/

Shagun Bhardwaj <shagun008@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I am not able to install Apache Hadoop in a Pseudo-distributed mode on a CentOS operating
system (which I have installed on a VMPlayer).

>I am following the Hadoop officieal installation guide (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/quickstart.html
) and have been able to run it in a Standalone mode. But, nxt step I tried was to run it in
a pseudo-distributed mode. I followed the below steps as in the above docs but the below statemetn
gave in an exception.

>   $ bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'
>

>The above statement keeps on running till I give a bin/stop-all.sh command from another
terminal to kill the process and in the result I see an