From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:21:07 GMT
Hi,

Also, think about the memory you will need in your DataNode to serve
all this data... I'm not sure there is any server which can take that
today. You need a certain amount of memory per block in the DN. With
all this data, you will have SOOOO many blocks...

Regarding RH vs Ubuntu, I think Ubuntu is more an end user
distribution than a server one. And I found RH a bit "not enought
free". I have installed Debian on all my servers.

JM