From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Pseudo-configuration
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:16:54 GMT
Helllo Shagun,

        Make sure you have set the required config parameters correctly.
Also, modify the line containing "" to "" in your
"etc/hosts" file and add the hostname of your VM along with the IP in the
etc/hosts file if you are using FQDN.

If you still face any issue, have a look at this

Warm Regards,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Yuva Raj raghunapu

> Check this out it maybe helpful , but this illustrates on ubuntu hope they
> are almost same .
> http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/
> Shagun Bhardwaj <shagun008@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not able to install Apache Hadoop in a Pseudo-distributed mode on a
> CentOS operating system (which I have installed on a VMPlayer).
> I am following the Hadoop officieal installation guide (
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/quickstart.html ) and have been
> able to run it in a Standalone mode. But, nxt step I tried was to run it in
> a pseudo-distributed mode. I followed the below steps as in the above docs
> but the below statemetn gave in an exception.
>    $ bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'
> The above statement keeps on running till I give a bin/stop-all.sh command
> from another terminal to kill the process and in the result I see an
> *Java.IO.Exception: Call to localhost: failed at local
> exception.*
>  Please advise what is the error that could be giving this exception.
>  Regards,
> Shagun Bhardwaj

View raw message