From Hadoop Learner <hadooplearner1...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg: Fetching TaskAttempt Details from a RunningJob
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:00:20 GMT
Hi All,

  Working on a requirement of hadoop Job Monitoring. Requirement is to get
every Task attempt details of a Running Job. Details are following :

Task Attempt Start Time
Task Tracker Name where Task Attempt is executing
Errors or Exceptions in a running Task Attempt

I have Implemented JobClient, RunningJob, JobStatus, TaskReport APIs to get
the Task Attempt IDs( I have the task Attempt IDs for which I need required
details). By using these APIs I was unable to get Task Attempt details as
per my requirement mentioned above. Can you please help me with some ways
to get required details using Java APIs.

Any pointers will be helpful.

(Note : I have tried using TaskInProgress API, But not sure how to get
TaskInProgress instance from a task ID. Also noticed TaskInProgress class
is not visible to my classes)

Thanks and Regards,
Shyam