From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject core-site.xml file is being ignored by new Configuration()
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:33:15 GMT
Hi guys:

I've finally extracted my problem of loading a special filesystem
into a unit test.

Below, clearly, Im creating a raw configuration and adding a single
resource to it (core-site.xml).

Afterwards, i print to confirm that the file exists.

Finally, I try to create a FileSystem from that file.  However, no file
system is created :(.

Any thoughts on why this core-site.xml file is being ignoreed?
To note: I've also tried putting core-site.xml in the working directory,
and in a local conf/ directory.  This absolute path was a last effort to
really confirm that the local path wasn't somehow being mangled by the
junit runtime.

@Test
    public void test() throws Exception{
        Configuration conf = new Configuration(false);
        System.out.println("b4:"+conf);
        String
theXMLFile="/Users/jayunit100/Development/blah/conf/core-site.xml";
        conf.addResource(theXMLFile);
        System.out.println("File exists : " + theXMLFile.length());
        System.out.println("after:"+conf);
        System.out.println("file sytem " + conf.get("fs.default.name"));
        conf.writeXml(System.out);

        System.out.println("Working directory = " +
System.getProperty("user.dir"));
        org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem fs =
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(conf);
        System.out.println("before test filesystem = " + fs);
        //WordCount.main(new
String[]{"resources/wordcount.txt","wordcountout.txt"});
    }

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com